Top 5 Ways to Increase Your Website’s Visibility
- Invest In Design Web design includes many factors. Other than purely aesthetic aspects such as color scheme and font choices, good web design involves highly instinctive user interaction. Is your website clear and clutter-free? Are your pages instinctive to navigate? Is your information concise, well written and free of grammatical errors? It may help to have a fresh set of eyes go over your website and mention anything – no matter how small – that was confusing or distracting. Before content, before link building and before social networking, you must have a strong website design.
- Update Your Website Regularly Google’s search algorithms are complex beasts, but they do give certain weight to the freshness factor. Updating your website regularly will prompt Googlebots to re-crawl and re-categorize your website. This is one of the many reasons to keep a blog for your practice. Your blog is a perfect place to share exciting news for your practice or fertility clinic, and it’s also a good place to engage viewers on big topics in your industry. Allow your readers to leave comments and ask questions, and follow up with your readers when they connect with your practice. Create a schedule to update your blog and stick to it. Even one new post a month should help bring traffic to your site.
- Gain Inbound and Outbound Links Links going to your website (inbound links) and links from your website to another website (outbound links) both are relevant to search engines. Many black hat link-building techniques exist, but these could hurt your ranking and your reputation. Stay away from link farms and posting spam-like comments on irrelevant forums just to gain links. Instead, focus on creating quality content that other people will want to share. Likewise link to trustworthy, relevant content that will enrich, not distract, your readers. Once you’ve created your content, it’s time to share.
- Be Social The majority of people active online are also active on a social network. Think of all the major social networks – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, Yelp, Foursquare, Flickr, Meetup and Instagram. Are your potential patients more active on one social network or another? Facebook and Twitter are general places to share information, but they can sometimes feel like you’re shouting into the wilderness. Do some research on your market and where your target market hangs out online.Don’t set up profiles on every big social networking site if you don’t have someone to manage them frequently. Be engaging on the sites you choose to occupy. That said, sharing information on Google+ weighs more heavily in Google’s search result algorithms, so consider joining this evolving social network.
- Learn Some SEO SEO, or search engine optimization, helps search engines deliver the best, most relevant search results to users. Do your homework on some simple SEO techniques. Gaining inbound links and creating outbound links will help you get noticed on the web, but more involved SEO can make your site more visible to potential patients. Research keywords that are relevant to your practice, and learn about Title Tags and Metadata. You might consider dedicating an in-house search engine optimizer to raise your rankings on search engines, or you could bring in an SEO coach to train you on good SEO techniques. Measure your efforts with Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a free service that shows you where your traffic comes from, how long visitors stay on your site and what the most popular posts are. Capitalize on what works for your site and your target market.
Let us know what techniques have worked to increase your website’s visibility. Let’s talk.
Tags: blogging, Catalyst healthcare marketing, fresh content, link management, SEO content, web visibility | Category: Catalyst Healthcare Marketing, Inbound and outbound links, SEO content, Web design, Web visibility |