What Are You Selling?
Understanding the market landscape means knowing your competitors as well as uncovering their strengths and weaknesses. In order to market your practice effectively we begin by examining the general nature of the competition in your market and how customers choose one provider over another.
What makes a customer decide which practice to utilize? Price or billing rates, services offered, reputation, or image and visibility?
We will uncover the strengths and weaknesses of each competitor, and compare them to your own business. Considering their service, pricing, reputation, management, financial position, brand awareness, business development, technology, or other factors that you feel are important to your own business.
Start by thinking about…
- What is your current marketing plan, what is working? What isn’t?
- How competitive is your market?
- Who are your competitors?
- What do your competitors do well? Poorly?
- Your Customers
Who do you want?
We want to know you AND your customers. Most practices only see patients as customers not realizing that customer means so much more than just the people you treat. At Catalyst we understand that not only do you need to meet the expectations of your patients, you also need to meet the expectations of your referral base and community.
Although Catalyst is marketing company we are unique. Having worked in the healthcare industry exclusively we already have a clear vision of your core market. We don’t market breakfast cereal or auto repair shops…we market healthcare providers. From patient to provider we understand the basic needs of your market and industry.
Even though we know the basics we still want to know your customers as unique to your practice. What we strive to understand is the overall customer service health of your practice. This is vital when planning a market strategy. Increasing referrals and patient satisfaction and retention are the cornerstone of all good marketing plans. Our goal is to suggest changes and training to help your office better meet your customer’s needs and strive to consistently exceed their expectations.
Catalyst includes in our initial assessments patient and referral base surveys. These are designed to gather important information from your patients and referring office partners.
- What is it that you do well for your patients? What do you do poorly?
- Do you meet their needs? On an emotional level? As a medical provider?
- Do you and your staff communicate clearly and professionally?
- Do you provide educational tools to help your patients navigate their treatment plan?
- What is the level of overall care and office appearance?
- How easy is it for a referring office to communicate with you?
- How responsive are you to the needs of the other referring clinics in your area?